The 10 Commandments for Southerners- a guest post by Samuel Dye.
Howdy, just wanna let you know who I am.. Samuel Joel Dye is the name and mighty glad to meet you. Been an avid supporter and reader of this blog from VERY beginning, I highly recommend it! Anyways I was raised a pastors kid and been called to the mission field. I will be headin off to bible college in the next year or so. Hopefully they don't kick me out for my "venacular" interpreation of the 10 Commandments. Anyways ya'll be good and read yer bible every day (oh and don't forget to pray)..
The 10 Commandments:
1. Thar ain't sopost to be no gods afore Him.
2. Yall not supposed to make any idols.. nun wut-so-evar!
3. Usin tha Lord's name in vain 'round here.. tat'll get you strung up.
4. You'd better be thar fer Sunday meetin.
5. Honor yer Maw 'n' Paw.
6. No killing nobody (lest it be in self defence).
7. Ain't sopost be no foolin round with a gal that you ain't hitched to.
8. Takin what ain't yurs.. that'll get ya shot.
9. No tellin tall tales or short ones for that matter.
10. Don’t be hankerin for yer buddy's stuff.